Monday, May 30, 2011

Weekend In Review; Memorial Day Edition

This weekend was jam-packed full of family activities...

Thursday: Stephanie's Pharmacy graduation hooding ceremony followed by BBQ with family a mi casa.

Friday: Stephanie's graduation. I skipped out on the event due to work, but I was able to meet up with her, my parents, and brother for dinner at Pearl's Oyster House. From the restaurant, we were able to gaze out onto South Main, as crazy characters paraded down the street for Zombie Massacre. It was a sight to see as I enjoyed my shrimp and dirty grits- Pearl style.
After dinner, Stephanie and I checked out the South Main Trolly Night for a while.

Tyler was not with us this weekend because it is his family tradition to go to Indiana for the Indy 500 on Memorial Day Weekend. Both sets of grandparents live in Indiana, so they always make the trip. I usually go, too, but I had preplanned events due to my sis's graduation.

Saturday:
I had a hard but decent run followed by blueberry-covered whole grain pancakes before heading to Jackson with Stephanie and Matt, her boyfriend. That is, after Belle got in a scuffle with Missy, Matt's dog, sending Missy to the emergency vet with deep scratches on her face. Missy will be alright, and Belle apologized for the incident.
In Jackson, my parents hosted a very nice indoor/outdoor cookout for all the family that could make it. Even my grandmother's sister, Wilma, made it from Mountain Home, AR. It was nice to see everyone all at once. Did I mention the desserts? Chocolate Lava cake, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and pineapple cake - all homemade! I should have taken pictures this weekend, but I totally forgot. The taste was worth 1000 words, trust me.

Sunday:
To the lake house with my parents, sister, brother, and Matt (plus 3 dogs). We took a boat ride, grilled kabobs, and made a bonfire. Low key but relaxing.

Monday:
Belle insisted that I get up at 7:30 on the dot, so I took her out and grabbed my pink fishing poll for luck at the water's edge. My dad was already out on the water with his poll, so he picked us up for about an hour of no bites. We did get some sun :) and were able to just enjoy the lake's peacefulness. After breakfast, we all headed back on the boat for a short ride until my half brother and his family arrived. Chris, Michelle, Chase (7), Charlie (6), and Carlie (1.5) hopped on the boat when they arrived. I apologize for no pictures of my adorable nephews and niece, but I will get one soon! We rode around the TV River and ate a late lunch back at the house before Stephanie, Matt, and I had to head back to Memphis.

I'll have to give Tyler the opportunity to share a story or 2 about the Indy trip. If he wishes, I'll share them with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment