Friday, May 13, 2011

100 Year Flood

For all of those that do not live in Memphis, you should know that the vast majority of us are A- OK. However, those that live in low-lying areas close to rivers and tributaries are still facing the deep, slowly receding waters. My house and neighborhood are not close to the danger zones.


This is a before and after shot of part of Mud Island's Park.


Beale Street where the trolly line crosses before Riverfront Drive. This is higher ground than the area that usually hosts Memphis in May BBQ fest, which has been moved to close to my neighborhood. The water is WAAAYYYY beyond its normal boundaries.

If you are able and feel lead, you can donate to the Midsouth Chapter of the American Red Cross.

Or, you can represent the Midsouth by getting a cool t-shirt from My Shirt Helps. I think I'll be getting this one! All profits go to restoration efforts of weather and flood destroyed areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment