Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekend In Review; May 20 - 22 Edition

Friday:
After a week of work, we were off to the river! My family has a lake house in the Perryville, TN area. We rode with my sister and brother (Stephanie and Payton) up to the river, where we met my parents and much anticipated fried catfish. It was late by the time we ate, so our evening was wrapped up with some tv and then to bed.

Oh, how did I forget to mention... The Bryant (my maiden name) family suffered a great loss today. My parents' cocker spaniel - Fred AKA Freddie- suffered lethal injuries in a car accident today. My dad was able to hold him for his final breath, but he was not able to hold on to life. We are all deeply saddened by Freddie's death. For anyone that has ever lost a dear pet, you know how emotional it can be. Please pray for my parents as they overcome this loss.

Saturday:
Work day. Seriously, I worked from about 9:30 this morning til at least 6:00 this evening on the exterior of the lake house. We had lots of debris to remove, hedges to trim, leaf removal around the house, rooms to dust, vacuum, and just overall cleanup. Usually a river weekend is complete with fun, family, food, and relaxation. We had 3 of the 4, at least. We did get a 30 minute fishing boat ride in the mix of the day, but no fishing poles involved. I have a new-found respect for my parents that usually clean the entire house and yard themselves.
We wrapped up Saturday with hamburgers and then a trip to the local Dairy Bar for ice-cream!

Sunday:
Back to Memphis. Tyler wasted no time getting back to work on our half bath. Payton was here to help as well. For dinner, a ready made refrigerated pizza from Aldis. It wasn't delivery quality, but lots cheaper for the size. I finally did some ironing that I have neglected for far too long. Now ready for a new work week.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...I am so sorry to hear about your dog....I know how hard it can be!!

    ReplyDelete