Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekend In Review; June 3 - 5 Edition

Wow!  What a busy weekend we had! 
Friday:
After work, Tyler and I headed to Mud Island with Joe and Nick for the Harbortown 5K.  Of course Memphis set a new record temperature that day, AND there was an Orange Ozone alert.  Despite the conditions, well over 1000 crazy people showed up to run for a good cause (Boys and Girls Club).   I actually finished the race in right under 25 min, even though I stopped for 2 short walk breaks.   I suppose that I was just running fast to get water!  Tyler finished in under 30 minutes, a notable finish as he has only picked back up running recently.  And a shout out to Nick May for running his very first 5K!  Way to go!  We expect to see you in more races!
As if the blistering hot 5K was not enough fun for the night, we cleaned up and went to the Memphis Italian Festival with Joe.  When we got to the festival at about 10pm, we met up with our friends Mike and Lori Pettit at their family’s tent.  No food in site, but we had some good wine and hung out for a while before making our way to get food from vendors.  By this time, it was way past my “bedtime.”  We ate, hung out, and headed back home a little after midnight.  

Saturday:
I was up bright and early to get ready for a trip to Enid Lake in Mississippi.  Our friends Carey and Abby Webb went with us on the inaugural boat ride for 2011.  It was HOTTTT (setting a heat record, again) but felt good with the breeze as we cruised the lake.  Our 20 year old boat is not be best in the world, but it makes for a good getaway weekend!
Saturday night, Tyler and I got cleaned up from a nasty lake water/ sweat combination then ordered Yum’s (Chinese food) and watched Gnomeo and Juliet (until we both fell asleep during the movie).  I do not recommend that movie unless you are having problems falling asleep,
Sunday:
We started our week off right with going to Sunday School and church at CUMC.  We love our SS class, so it is always nice when we can make it.  The afternoon was filled with dog walks, dog parks, dog baths (Who says our dog is spoiled?), car washes, and yard work.  Then, we headed over to Abby and Carey’s for a cookout, Belle included.  Abby’s chicken and potato salad were much fancier than anything that I could make.  So yummy!
Our weekend flew by so fast.  I felt like I had just left work when I realized that Sunday night was upon us.  Too bad Monday is not another national holiday.  Oh well, there is always next weekend just 5 days away!

No comments:

Post a Comment