Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Weekend In Review; Father's Day Weekend Edition

Once again, we had a hectic, compressed weekend... which we do not mind at all!
Friday:
After work, Tyler, Belle, and I headed to Jackson to spend time with his parents for Father’s Day.  We had a very relaxed dinner of steak, grilled veggies, and that AMAZING Almond Joy Cake that I made on Thursday.
Saturday:
After a visit with Papa Max and Rubye, we were off to the lake house outside of Parsons, TN.  Stephanie rode with us there.  Shortly after we arrived, the power went out due to a strong storm.  My brother, Chris, and my nephews, Chase and Charlie, were there with us as we had a good, electricity free day of fishing, a boat ride, and relaxation.  I should have taken pictures of the boys… They are so cute!  
To briefly brag about these kids, I had to steal a pic off of FB.  Chase (left) is 7 going on 13, Carlie will be 2 in September, and Charlie (right) is 6.  All very precious and unique.  

Due to lack of electricity, Tyler, Belle, and I headed to Nashville to spend the night in a pet friendly hotel.   It was passed my bedtime when we got to Nashville, so no adventure into the town… Just lots of Zzzzz’s.
Sunday:
Father’s Day!  I often forget to let my dad know how much I appreciate him, so I’m glad that there is a day that spotlights him and all the other awesome dads in the US.  Unfortunately, I didn’t get to spend this day with my dad, but I did get to see him briefly (at 9pm). 
Thanks to another thunderstorm, our morning was low key aside from a quick trip to Providence shopping area in Mt. Juliet.  We met Tyler’s parents and Travis for lunch at Cheddar’s.  If you have never been, you must try it!  The portions are huge for below average prices.  Great food, too! 
Next, we were off to see my long time friends, Amy and Max, and their new baby, Britton, born May 25th.  It’s always nice to see Amy because we live over 3 hours away.  This is her 2nd baby girl.  Big Sis Addie was out with the grandparents, so I’m sure that Amy enjoyed the quiet house and company.  Once again, I should have taken a picture.  Here is one taken from her FB page.

Not only today was Father’s Day, but it was also Jack’s 1st Birthday party.  I am really bad about not being able to make it to my nephew/niece’s b-day parties.  In fact, I think this was the 1st one, but I am pledging to do better (or at least send a gift if I can’t make it).  I never imagined all the stuff that a 1 year old gets for his or her birthday.  Didn’t kids get balls, Sesame Street stuffed animals, and building blocks?  Not Jack, apparently.  Jack left with a Kawasaki 4- wheel ride on toy, lots of learning toys, bubbles galore, and a sand bucket / beach toys(from yours truly).   Jack, with all of these learning toys, I’m expecting a Harvard degree by the age of 16!  As for now, you can be sweet and innocent.  Jack looks slightly petrified in this picture.  Maybe he was sheepish of all the cute older girls at his party. 
Before leaving Nashville, we met one of Tyler's long time friends, Mike Snodgrass, at Fido's coffee shop to catch up.  He was on a tour of duty in Afghanistan and returned right before Bin Laden was killed.  He and his wife live in Alabama, but he was due to be at Fort Campbell the next day.  After that, we stopped by my parent's house to wish my dad a happy Father's Day before heading to Memphis just in time for bed.  After all, we have another week to go before the next weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment