Thursday, June 16, 2011

The LAST thing that I should be eating

I love sweets.  Period.  As a Dietitian, I am embarrassed to say that I probably eat more dessert food than fruit and dairy (excluding ice cream).  Or so I feel, especially with summer time churning up an impeccable desire for cold treats.  And,  with a beach vacation in the near future, I KNOW I should not be constantly high on sugar.  Nonetheless, I have decided to make this cake for Father's Day.

This Rachel Ray Almond Joy Cake is made with sliced almonds, heavy whipping cream (my 1st time to buy such an ingredient), a ridiculous amount of sugar, sugar-containing chocolate, and real butter (I usually use the Blue Bonnet Light for baking).  Why would someone about to make a bikini appearance indulge in such a calorie bomb?  If you have ever tried this cake, then you would know!  My friend, Sarah, made this one random Monday night (she is an amazing baker that owns her own Monkey Bread Bakery) and was gracious enough to share some with Tyler and myself.  I know that my dad loves this type of cake, so it is part of his Father's Day.  We will also share with Tyler's family.

No comments:

Post a Comment