Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekend in Review: last 3 weeks edition

So, I haven't done an update since I was in Florida, as you may have noticed.  Sorry for the delay... This update dates from our touch down back into Memphis until now.
When we got back to Memphis (July 2nd), Stephanie and Matt picked us up (with Belle in tow).  We all went to eat at Cheffies




Next, 4th of July weekend!  My family all gathered at my parent's lake house outside of Parsons, TN for a weekend at the lake and good food.  I hoped to take lots of pictures, but after just a couple, my batteries died:(  Some of us were went on our boat to go tubing, so I did get a few pics.  You can see the lake housebehind Stephanie's head .



That is Andy, my cousin, riding out the tube.  Unlike most tubes, this one was triangle shaped, giving the rider a challenge.


Tuesday, July 5th I started my new job as a Clinical Dietitian for Le Bonheur Children's Hospital.  I love it!  I at still in training until the end of July, but I can tell that I will be challenged (in a good way) with this position.  All of my coworkers are very nice and open to assisting me in any way possible.  The best part... I get to use my degree much more than I did with my previous position.  Starting in August, I will be the RD for the Nutrition Clinic (an outpatient clinic that sees patients based on physician referrals for a variety of nutrition-related conditions).  I will also see outpatient pre-op and post-op ortho patients and will work in general pediatrics in the hospital.



Other than the new job, Tyler and I have been replacing low quality doors in our home for some doors that are "dated" to our home.  Tyler is also very busy with his online MBA class.  We both have signed up for St. Jude races.  Tyler is doing the 1/2 marathon and I'll be doing the full.  Because Tyler will be a Hero runner, he will be fundraising.  If you wish to donate, I'll blog later on about how to do so.

We have been low-key for the past few weekends, but here is a look at what we did this weekend (July 22 - 24th):

Friday: Huey Lewis concert at the Live at the Gardens (Memphis Botanic Garden).  Tyler's brother, Travis, got us awesome tickets for the event.  We picket up food at Whole Food, but also received complementary drinks at the concert.

Saturday:  Tyler and I ate breakfast at the Arkade, Memphis' oldest cafe, and then visited the Memphsi Farmer's Market and some antique stores on Central Ave.  Per Stephanie's advice, I ordered the sweet potato pancake meal.  It was the first time for both of us to dine at the famous cafe.
Do you see the black sausage on the plate?  I was not too impressed with my over cooked sausage, but the pancakes made up for it.  I would not rate this as my best breakfast in Memphis, but it wasn't bad.
Saturday night was low-key.  We watched "The Lincoln Lawyer," which I recommend if you haven't seen it.  I didn't fall asleep during it, which says something about the movie.

Sunday:  Church and Sunday School.  Tyler had a class meeting and some work to do, so I did my usual Sunday errands and attempted (yes, attempted) to run on the greenline.  However, the weather was so unbelievably hot.  I needed a pool, not a run.  For dinner, Stephanie and Matt came over.  We had steaks, homemade mashed potatoes, green beans, and birthday cake icecream.  I highly recommend Target's brank b-day cake icecream.  Stephanie brought it and left it here, which means it will be temping me every moment until I eat it all.

Well, that's it as an update.  I'll try not to go 3+ weeks next time (for those of you that have asked for updates, that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment