Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ever looking for Healthy Meals?

Do you ever wonder where dietitians get their recipes?  OK, I can't speak for others, but I get several recipes for common dishes from Eat Better America.  This site offers "healthified" alterations to typical dinner dishes, desserts, salads, sides, and even beverages.  I have made the turkey and spinach enchilladas, a sausage and egg bake casserole, and some desserts. 
Tonight, I made the Savory Meat Loaf with corn and green beans.  I don't make meatloaf that often, but this was probably the best one that I have made.  Instead of using a muffin pan, I placed the loaf on a baking sheet with raised edges.  It helped the juices to run so that the meatloaf wasn't mushy or greasy.

If you are looking for ways to make your family's meals leaner or ways to hide veggies in some dishes, check out the site!  Let me know if you see anything that you want to try or have tried any of these recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment